NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ACADEMIC ANAESTHESIA (NIAA)
VASGBI TRAINEE RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT GRANTS 2020
1. VASGBI Trainee Research Development Grants are intended to foster trainee research in vascular anaesthesia. Funding is limited to £5,000 in a single application.
2. Awards are open to all anaesthetic trainees in United Kingdom and Ireland not holding a substantive or locum consultant post. The trainee must be working in or affiliated with a department providing vascular anaesthetic services.
3. Trainees must be supported by one or more named supervisors with research expertise and a track record of successful supervision of trainees.
4. Applications for projects spanning a period of up to two years undertaken by a number of trainees over this period will be considered.
5. Where more than one application is received from the same group/centre/institution, clarification will be sought that these are not from the same collaboration.
6. Funding may be sought under the VASGBI Trainee Research Development Grants scheme for:
- Equipment and consumables, including animal costs (all equipment purchased remains the property of VASGBI)
- Personnel (including buy-outs of time) where these costs cannot be covered from other sources (e.g., CLRN)
- Necessary fees for access to data or to complete the project that can be justified.
7. Specific exclusions are that funding will not support
- Postage and photocopying (e.g., for surveys)
- Secretarial support
- Telephone, internet subscription costs
- Costs of enrolment for higher degrees or courses that may be required to complete the project.
8. All publications and outputs must acknowledge VASGBI as a funder, and VASGBI may wish to enter into discussions about any intellectual property rights that emanate from discoveries made through this funding.
Click here for details of how to apply and submission guidelines.
Closing date: Noon, Friday 25th September 2020
All applications and requested supporting paperwork must be uploaded as a single pdf document to: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/niaa-grants
Applications should be uploaded as a single pdf file. Abstract and lay summary information should be copied and pasted from this file into the text boxes provided on the system.