SURVEYS CONDUCTED VIA VASGBI MUST FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES BELOW
VASGBI might support surveys of relevance to Vascular Anaesthesia. There will be a maximum of 2 surveys approved per year and only one survey can be active at a time.
Any survey intended to be conducted via VASGBI must first be reviewed by the
Research & Audit Sub-Committee to ensure that it is of an appropriate standard and is suitable for distribution to VASGBI members.
The survey must be supported by a Consultant member of VASGBI from the hosting institution. The survey, with a heading paragraph and a covering letter succinctly outlining the background and aims (including what the survey adds and contributes) should be emailed to jane.heppenstall@VASGBI.com for the attention of the Chair of the Research & Audit Sub-Committee.
Once reviewed and if accepted, the author will be informed and an online survey (Survey Monkey/Zoomerang) should be set up incorporating any changes recommended by the Research & Audit Sub-Committee. The final version must then be sent to the Research & Audit Sub-committee once again for final review.
Once accepted, the survey will be distributed by email to the VASGBI members. After activation, there will be a time limit of exactly 1 month for completion of the survey. A reminder email will be sent to VASGBI members at 2 weeks to encourage participation.
Following completion of the survey, a summary of the results should be send to the Chair of the VASGBI Research & audit Sub-Committee and the author should submit an abstract of the survey at the following VASGBI Annual Scientific Meeting (which will be reviewed as any other abstract).
Summary of Stages:
1. Initial survey request and covering letter sent to email@example.com.
2. Request forwarded to chair of the Research & Audit Sub-Committee.
3. Reviewed by the Research & Audit Sub-Committee.
4. Survey is accepted/rejected/recommendations made for re-submission.
5. Once accepted, online survey should be set up on: Survey monkey (www.surveymonkey.com) Or Zoomerang (www.zoomerang.co.uk).
6. On-line survey and covering letter emailed again to Research & Audit Sub-Committee for final review (the completed survey link is acceptable).
7. Once final permission granted, the survey & covering letter will be emailed to VASGBI members.
8. Time limit of 1 month for responses.
9. A reminder will be sent to members at 2 weeks.
10. All responses will be sent directly to the online survey generator where the author will be able to access the results.
11. Summary of results to Research & Audit Sub-Committee.
12. Author to submit an abstract to the following VASGBI annual scientific meeting.
Dr Ronelle Mouton
VASGBI Research & Audit Committee